Monday, April 23, 2007

Fame and Fortune 2

To continue on the fame and fortune theme, I just got the first part of the statement wrapping up the first year of the wxPython book. (Since the book came out at the end of March, we got a first quarter statement which covered the first 10 days of the release). Anyway, I'm pleased. The fourth quarter statement was only about 5% down from the third quarter (I don't have the exact numbers). This is rather amazing to me, since the Jython book dropped about 50% from quarter to quarter over its first year. I think, but am not 100% sure, that the wx book has now outsold the Jython book. If it hasn't now, it will next quarter.

Which makes this a good place to again thank all the people who have bought the book, read the book, and said nice things about the book. It's all appreciated.